Roof Pressure Washing: The Ugly Truth
Roof pressure washing is a popular way to clean roofing, but it’s not always the best option. Roof pressure washing is the process of removing dirt, mold, mildew, and other debris from a roof by using high-pressure water. It is an important step in maintaining a healthy roof and can help extend its lifespan. In fact, there are a few things you should know before you decide to pressure wash your roof. Pressure washing the roof is a popular way to clean roofing, but it’s not always the best option.
Here’s 10 ugly truths when you consider pressure washing your roof.
- It Can Damage Your Roof: Roof pressure washing can be damaging to your roof if not done correctly. The high-pressure water can remove the protective coating on your shingles, leaving them susceptible to sun damage and premature aging.
- It Can Cause leaks: If the high-pressure water from roof pressure washing is not directed properly, it can cause leaks in your roof. This can lead to serious damage to your home and expensive roof repairs.
- It Is Not Always Effective: Roof pressure washing may not always be effective in removing all the dirt, mold, mildew, and debris from your roof. In some cases, it may only remove surface level dirt and leave behind the tougher stains.
- It Is A Temporary Solution: Roof pressure washing is a temporary solution to a dirty roof. The dirt, mold, mildew, and debris will eventually return and you’ll have to repeat the process again in the future.
- It Can Be Expensive: Roof pressure washing can be expensive, especially if you hire a professional to do it. The cost of the equipment and materials, as well as the labor, can add up quickly.
- It Takes Time: Pressure washing roof can take a significant amount of time, depending on the size of your roof. This can be time that you could be spending on other projects or activities.
- It Can Be Dangerous: Roof pressure washing can be dangerous if you are not experienced in doing it. There is a risk of falling from the ladder or being hit by flying debris.
- It Requires Specialized Equipment: You will need specialized equipment to pressure wash your roof, which can be expensive to purchase or rent. You will also need to have the proper safety gear to protect yourself from the high-pressure water.
- It Can Be Weather Dependent: Roof pressure washing is weather dependent and should not be done in wet or windy conditions. The high-pressure water can be dangerous in these conditions and can cause even more damage to your roof.
- It’s Not Always the Best Option: Roof pressure washing is not always the best option for cleaning roof. There are other methods, such as hand-washing or power-washing, that may be more effective and less damaging. Be sure to weigh all your options before deciding on the best method for cleaning your roof.
Pressure washing your roof can be damaging, expensive, and time-consuming. It’s important to weigh all your options before deciding on the best method for cleaning your roof. Consider these 10 ugly truths before pressure washing your roof.